Florence, Oregon is a community of approximately 10,000 people, located in Lane County on the Central Oregon Coast and has a service area of around 18,000 people. Florence is located dead center on the Oregon Coast and only 1 hour due West of Oregon's 2nd largest metro area, Eugene-Springfield. Florence is in the heart of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, and has 27 lakes and streams within a 9 mile radius of town.
Florence Area. A Florence OR real estate search will generally include the Glenada, Dunes City, Westlake, and East to Mapleton, Swisshome and Deadwood areas. Local zip codes include: 97439, 97493, 97453, 97480 and 97430.
Florence Oregon MLS Search Areas:
228 Florence - Town (All homes, site built or manufactured in town except 225, 226, &227)
229 Florence - Beach
(All homes in the NW quadrant of Florence NOT on city sewer)
230 Florence - North (All homes North of the Beach Area extending about 15 miles North)
231 Florence - South (All homes South of the Siuslaw River included Glenada, Dunes City and Westlake to Douglas County)
238 Florence - East (All homes East of the Florence City Limits including Mapleton, Swisshome and Deadwood)
Price ranges for real estate in and around the Florence Oregon area area as follows:
- Single Family Homes from $35000 to $900000
- Historic homes from $200000 to $750000
- New construction homes from $175000 to $450000
- Townhouses & Townhomes from $80000 to $250000
- City condos & condominiums from $50000 to $450000
- Duplex & multi-unit housing from $200000 to $425000
- Improved City lots from $35000 to $250000
- Unimproved lots and acreages from $15000 to $250000
- Raw land from $15000 to $500000
- Oceanfront or oceanview property, land, or lots from $250000 to $550000
- Oceanfront or oceanview homes from $500000 to $1500000
- Waterfront property, land or lots from $200000 to $500000
- Lakefront property, land or lots from $200000 to $500000
- Lakefront Homes from $275000 to $1500000
- Riverfront property, land or lots from $125000 to $250000
- Riverfront homes from $300000 to $1000000
- Golf homes & property from $215000 to $750000
- Investment and rental property from $50000 to $250000
- Commercial property unimproved from $80000 to $750000
- Commercial property inmproved from $150000 to $1500000
In 2012 there were 304 residential sales at a median sales price of $155,500.
Florence OR neighborhoods and subdivisions include Shelter Cove, Klahanee, Southview, Sandpines Golf, Florentine Estates, Greentrees, Mariner's Village, Fawnridge, Idylewood, Heceta South, Heceta Beach, Ocean Dunes, Rhodoview Dunes, the Cottages, Willow Dunes, Siuslaw Village, Old Town, Coast Village Campground, Spruce Village & Park Village.
Public and private school systems serving families in the area include the Siuslaw School District and the Mapleton School District.
Transportation is served by bus with the Friends of Florence, Three Rivers Casino Bus and Greyhound.
The Florence Oregon community was founded in approximately 1893 with an economy driven by the forest products, fishing & farming. Currently this community is supported by the retirement, tourism, medical, hospitality, building and gaming industries. Local events
and activities include the Rhododendron Festival, the 3 weekend of May every year and the Chowder Blues and Brews Festival in the Fall. For additional Events see the Florence Events Center
Recreational opportunities Links to: City of Florence
in and around the Florence Area include, beach combing, hiking, hunting,fishing, crabbing, clamming, boating, kite flying, photograpy, sand dunes
, dune buggy rides at Sandland
or the Sand Dunes Frontier
, horseback rides, surfing, scuba diving, bird & whale watching and visiting the Sea Lion Caves
. Florence is in the heart of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
, and has 27 lakes and streams within a 9 mile radius of town. Florence boasts world class fishing, hunting, golfing at Sandpines Golf
or Ocean Dunes Golf
. Be sure to visit Historic Old Town and Three Rivers Casino
. According to a USA Today article
, Florence is the number #1 retirement town in the US!.
, Florence OR Chamber of Commerce